Kentucky Community Organizations
The foundation assists a variety of nonprofit organizations in fulfilling their missions, including:
- Uspiritus, which services abused and neglected youth.
- St. Mary’s Center, which services teens and adults with intellectual disabilities.
- West End Boys School, a free and private college preparatory school for at-risk boys.
- Boys and Girls Clubs, which assists all young people in fulfilling their potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens.
- Make-A-Wish Foundation, which serves a unique and vital role helping strengthen and empower children battling life-threatening medical conditions.
- Be The Match, an organization providing critically needed marrow transplants from donors for patients in need.
- Meghan’s Mountain is a non-profit charitable foundation that raises money for what Meghan defined as “direct patient care”. All of our funds directly benefit the cancer patient and their family members.
- Agape Flights provides aviation service delivering cargo, mail and humanitarian aid to missionary partners, carrying hope to the nations of the Caribbean.
- Fund for the Arts is a regional nonprofit committed to building a vibrant community through the power of arts.
- Community Foundation of Louisville is the largest charitable foundation in Kentucky with more than 1,377 different funds, each with a charitable purpose defined by its donors.
- Compassionate Schools Project is a health and wellness curriculum that interweaves support in academic achievement, mental fitness, health and compassionate character.
- America Heart Association’s mission is to build healthier lives, free of cardiovascular diseases and stroke.
- Down Syndrome of Louisville improves the lives of people with Down syndrome, and their families, by providing support, information, education, and advocacy for their rights and concerns; thus enabling each individual to reach his or her full potential
- Dare to Care leads our community to feed the hungry and conquer the cycle of need.
- Kids Cancer Alliance enhances the quality of life for children with cancer and their families through our recreational and support programs.