LOUISVILLE SCREENING OF Passengers
Tuesday, December 20th at Baxter Ave Movie Theatres, 1250 Bardstown Road, Louisville, KY
Cost: $100 per ticket
Benefiting American Heart Association Jump Rope For Heart
The Passengers screening will benefit American Heart Association Jump Rope For Heart.
Jump Rope For Heart is a national education and fundraising events sponsored by the American Heart Association and the Society of Health and Physical Educators (SHAPE). These events engage elementary and middle school students with jumping rope while empowering them to improve their own health and help other kids with heart-health issues. The program is a great way to satisfy the physical education standards as determined by SHAPE America.
Jump Rope For Heart Helps Students Grow!
- Kids learn the value of community service and become empowered to contribute to their community’s welfare.
- Children join together in helping other kids with special hearts.
- Students learn how to develop heart-healthy habits while being physically active
- Participants learn jump rope and basketball skills they can use for the rest of their lives.
- Students help your school earn gift certificates for free P.E. equipment!
American Heart Association Jump Rope For Heart and Jennifer Lawrence Foundation Partnership
The American Heart Association has a partnership with the Jefferson County Public Schools to help build healthier lives, free of cardiovascular diseases and stroke, with an emphasis on our children’s health movement. We are so excited to announce that The Jennifer Lawrence Foundation has also joined the movement to help with educating youth on prevention and heart healthy habits they can develop while they are young. The Jennifer Lawrence Foundation has selected 10 schools as part of the American Heart Association’s relationship with the Jefferson County Public Schools, who participate in The Compassionate Schools Project, to partner with and provide additional equipment for yoga, physical education or playground equipment.